Nikolaos Ioannis Bountos
- 01.2021 - Present: PhD Candidate at National Observatory of Athens
- 12.2019 - 04.2020: Artificial Intelligence Engineer at Motius
- 04.2019 - 09.2019: Master thesis at Esri Deutschland
- 07.2018 - 02.2019: Working student, Data Analytics at KPIT
- 10.2017 - 01.2018: Working student, Data Scientist at Trillr.com
- 2017 - 2020: MSc. Data Engineering and Analytics, Technical University of Munich
- 2011 - 2016: BSc. Computer Science, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Computer Vision.
- Artificial Intelligence for Earth Observation.
- Artificial Intelligence for early warning/forecasting of natural hazards.
- N. I. Bountos, I. Papoutsis, D. Michail, A. Karavias, P. Elias and I. Parcharidis, "Hephaestus: A large scale multitask dataset towards InSAR understanding," 2022 IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops (CVPRW), 2022, pp. 1452-1461, doi: 10.1109/CVPRW56347.2022.00151.
- N. I. Bountos, D. Michail and I. Papoutsis, "Learning From Synthetic InSAR With Vision Transformers: The Case of Volcanic Unrest Detection," in IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 60, pp. 1-12, 2022, Art no. 4509712, doi: 10.1109/TGRS.2022.3180891.
- N. I. Bountos, I. Papoutsis, D. Michail and N. Anantrasirichai, "Self-Supervised Contrastive Learning for Volcanic Unrest Detection," in IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 19, pp. 1-5, 2022, Art no. 3003905, doi: 10.1109/LGRS.2021.3104506.